Friday, 27 February 2015
We would love you and your friends to attend 5 workshops, or part thereof, on the various aspects of putting on a show. The aim of all the workshops is to be fun and interactive with opportunities for all of us to try things out.
The venue, of course, will be the Drama Christi Studio and will be held from 7.30pm - 9.30pm each Monday from 2nd March through to 30th March.
- 2nd March - During the first workshop, we will read two short plays including "Tryst". We intend to use these as a basis for exploring different ways of doing things, eg directing. That same evening we will plan the remainder of the workshop series in detail. Please come with ideas of what you would like covered, or, if you are unable to attend this first evening, please email me. Depending on time we will take the opportunity during the play readings to look at such things as breathing and projection.
- 9th March - We will be looking at different styles of directing
- 16th March - Sound and Lighting
- 23rd March - This will be an evening of bits and pieces, eg exploring the intricacies of stage management, prompting and wardrobe, also an evening with some of us (hopefully humorously!) looking back at things that didn't quite go according to plan and how we got through!
- 30th March - On the final evening we will revisit the documents that we have written up and find out who is interested in helping out and in what areas and incorporating any further ideas that have come up during the workshops. A look back and forward.
Drama Christi Coordinator